Aloe vera is about 95% water. The remaining 5% of its active ingredients are essential oils, amino acids, minerals, vitamins, enzymes, and glycoproteins. In fact, Aloe vera contains all but one of the 20 naturally occurring amino acids needed for overall good health. In all, there are over 200 beneficial compounds in Aloe vera, and the list of its many health-fostering properties grows each day.
Aloe helps enhance both fat- and water-soluble substances (like Vitamins C and E), and produces phase II enzymes necessary for detoxification. It contains seven different superoxide dismutases that help reduce oxidative stress and protect cells and DNA from damage, which in turn slows down the aging process.
At Key West Aloe, we only use Aloe vera that is International Aloe Science Council-Certified for purity and potency.